Re: virus: I'm so in love with the Con

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 21:07:59 MDT

On 16 Aug 2002 at 12:16, Archibald Scatflinger wrote:

> It doesn™t matter what you say or what historical evidence shows. The
> current Bush administration is in no way similar to the Nazi Party,
> especially not in the sense that both Bush and Hitler have or had a
> megalomaniacal urge to wage war against humanity.

Bush just want to wage war on those who plan to kill us, and have taken
steps to do so.

> Americans are better then other humans and have the right to use force
> to prove this fact.

Americans are not worse than other people, so there is no need for us
to commit collective suicide by twiddling out thumbs as the terror
attacks are planned.

> Especially Nuclear and Chemical Weapons.

No, that would be Saddam and Al Quaeda; both in plan, one in fact.

> Bush is a Fearless and Brilliant Leader and should be obeyed without
> question.

Nope, but he should also not be opposed without question. The merits
of positions are independent of their proposers, which is why ad
hominem is a 2500 year old Greek logical fallacy.

> Anyone who questions the obviously superior decision making of Bush
> should be detained for as long as necessary.

Nope, and they aren't; you (and me on some issues) and practically
everyone on this list on one issue or another is proof that it isn't
happening

> Bush™s command of the English language should be more then enough
> proof of his worthiness to make important global decisions:

I won't defend his garbled syntax, but at least he had the good sense,
as far as the prosecution of our antiterror campaign goes, to surround
himself with the bright and experienced people necessary to guide his
decision-making in well-considered directions.