Re: Re:virus: Combined post to Casey and Jonathan Davis.

From: Jonathan Davis (jonathan.davis@lineone.net)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 09:12:37 MDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Blunderov" <squooker@mweb.co.za>
To: <virus@lucifer.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 3:26 PM
Subject: RE: Re:virus: Combined post to Casey and Jonathan Davis.

> Jonathan Davis [jonathan.davis@lineone.net] wrote:
> <q>I am neither holding a bullet nor do I need to bite any. </q>
>
> [Blunderov] I agree with you that it is better to calm down before
> posting. I apologise for my ill temper. Now that I have collected
> myself, perhaps you will indulge me whilst I elaborate upon my point in
> a, hopefully, more measured way.

Your posts are normally measured old boy. You just appeared to have lost
some of your usual composure in this thread.

> If one takes the position that it is ok to defend oneself against an
> aggressor (and that it is wrong to be an aggressor), and then one takes
> the position that if somebody might attack you then it is ok to be the
> aggressor, we have a contradiction; enter the bullet.

Self-defense is to be expected, it is not always right.
It is not always wrong to be an aggressor.

Bye bye bullet.

> There is a choice to be made. Either one relinquishes the bullet in
> favour of a more defensible position, or one bites it.

If one accpets your false dichotomy, which I do not.

> It is my firm conviction that you are holding, in your hand, a very
> palpable bullet.

Yet I, the possesor of the hand know it exists only in your mind. made
possible by your limited premises.

> If things continue this way, we may as well ring down the curtain and
> usher in the new dark ages and a world ruled by robber-barons.

What a Hermitish leap that is!

> I would be keen to discuss ways in which this could be avoided. I don't,
> or at least until recently, didn't, accept this as inevitable.
>
> I'm sorry to have to say that the USA is cutting a very sorry figure on
> the world stage.

In some ways yes.

>But I suppose that is of no consequence as long as the
> goodies keep on coming.

What do you mean?

Regards

Jonathan