Re: virus: Deja Moo - Where have we heard this Bull Shit before?

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 05:08:03 MDT

[Hermit 10] Do I recall Joe Dees complaining about supposedly "invalid sniping"? See the reinsertions of [Hermit 8] and prior below.

[Joe Dees 9] Hermit seems constitutuonally unable to comprehend the meaning of the word "disseminate", so I'll just have to repeat it to him until his straw man scarecrow is burned to the ground and its ashes spread to the four winds:Main Entry: dis·sem·i·nate Pronunciation: di-'se-m&-"nAt
Function: transitive verb Inflected Form(s): -nat·ed; -nat·ing
Etymology: Latin disseminatus, past participle of disseminare, from dis- + seminare to sow, from semin-, semen seed -- more at SEMEN Date: 1603
1 : to spread abroad as though sowing seed <disseminate ideas>
2 : to disperse throughout

[Joe Dees 9] The US never spread viruses, spores or pathogens through the Iraqi ecosystem. If Hermit has proof that the US did, I'd LOVE for him to post it, and have repeatedly requested that he do so, but, unable to fulfill such requests (since proof of something that did not happen cannot exist), he chooses to ignore them, and instead continues to shovel the same manure that we have come to consider so typical of him. And now we are hearing the same bullshit from him again.

[Hermit 10] The topic is in reference to your assertions of "Bullus Shittus." You still are not being responsive instead you appear to be making a total fool of yourself attempting to defend your worthless strawman. You are fighting what you think I said. Not what I said. Now that you have had some sleep, read it and weep. The meaning of my sentence, if you have forgotten how to construe one, is that "The US took action which resulted in the causation and dissemination of lethal pathologies." It does not say that the US disseminated them. Most pathogens (disease causing agents) are in the environment all the time, but only become a problem when other problems arise. The US made use of this fact when they deliberately destroyed infrastructure (actually specified in the protocol) required to support the civilian population, knowing that the dark horsemen of cholera, dysentry, etc. would ravage the Iraqi population. Yes, the world, including the USA, agreed that this action was genocide in 1948, and again when
they extended that treaty to cover exactly these circumstances in 1979 (infra).

[Hermit 8] The Geneva Convention is absolutely clear. In a 1979 protocol relating to the "protection of victims of international armed conflicts," Article 54, it states: "It is prohibited to attack, destroy, remove, or render useless objects indispensable to the survival of the civilian population, such as foodstuffs, crops, livestock, drinking water installations and supplies, and irrigation works, for the specific purpose of denying them for their sustenance value to the civilian population or to the adverse Party, whatever the motive, whether in order to starve out civilians, to cause them to move away, or for any other motive."

[Hermit 8] Did the US do this? Joe Dees says yes.

[Joe Dees 4] We did degrade their water supplies, but we didn't actively infect the people (as the analogy to passing out smallpox blankets would have indicated), although we did, and had good reason to, suspect that nature would do that for us, in the absence of the good sense by the Iraqi population to boil their drinking water prior to consuming it. I wonder if Saddam Hussein even tried to tell his people to boil their drinking water, and if not, if he refused to do so because he was all too willing to have some of them die in order to exploit a propaganda point.

[Hermit 8] Was my original contention incorrect, here it is again.

[Hermit 1] In contravention of the Convention to Prevent Genocide, the United States took and is taking deliberate action designed to cause and disseminate lethal pathologies in Iraq in the anticipation that this would eventually lead to revolution. Instead about 1 million of the children of Iraq have died of these diseases.

[Hermit 8] The DIA said that bombing the water infrastructure would lead to epidemics. WHat was the cause of the epidemics, US bombing of civilian infrastructure.

[Hermit 8] Are these epidemics disseminating? The UN says that they are now endemic.

[Hermit 8] The UN says that 2 million Iraqis are dead because of this action combined with the sanctions, over half of them children.

[Hermit 8] What does Joe Dees say? The genocide is all the Iraqis' own fault.

[Hermit 8] Where have we heard this Bull Shit before?

[Hermit 8] Ah yes, Nuremburg. There it was all the Jews' fault.
[Hermit 8] In Iraq , the genocide is all the Palestinians' fault.
[Hermit 8] In the Palestine, the genocide is all the Palestinians' fault.

[Hermit 8] Or is it?

[Joe Dees 9] If the Israelis, woith all the firepower at thewir disposal, were actually intending a Palestinian genocide instead of self-protection, the Palestinian population would be shrinking, not growing, and the death toll would be in the millions, not just three times the Israeli death toll.

[Hermit 10] Genocide does not require murder - or even attempted murder - of everyone. Refer previous posts or the UN Treaty for the Prevention of Genocide.

[Joe Dees 9] I guess in Iraq, it's the Kurds' and the Shiites' fault, ayy?

[Hermit 10] Not according to the UN. According to the UN and many of their staff tasked with implementing the sanctions, it is the fault of the USA. But I know you can't/won't don't accept that. After all, facts have, as you so clearly demonstrate here, nothing to do what a "cultural" bigot like yourself believes.

[Joe Dees 9] And what did we do to the perpatrator of the Jewish genocide and his regime,

[Hermit 10] We did nothing until our profits and security were threatened. And then we tore the world apart trying to secure them, and invented more horrible forms of war than had been seen since the time of Timurlane.

[Joe Dees 9] and do you consider that course of action wrong when applied to Saddam Hussein?

[Hermit 10] Naturally it would be wrong. After all, Saddam Hussein is just a nasty, but relatively powerless tinpot dictator perched on an unbalanced throne. The countries engaging in genocide (accordiong to the treaties we have both signed) are Israel and the US. Both of which are armed to the teeth and pose a grave threat to world peace and stability.

[Hermit 8] "Surely the extermination of Jews in gas chambers is not comparable to the slow death inflicted in Iraqi children by deprivation. But from another angle the latter is even more despicable. The genocide against Jews was perpetrated in the greatest secret and without the blessing of the "civilized world". The crimes against Iraqi civilians are committed in full day-light, with the blessing of the ruling "civilized nations" and with the tacit support of the educated classes in these nations. Those who keep silent and are legally able to speak up, are morally accomplices to this crime." -- Elias Davidsson, Musician and a Palestinian Jew, 4/16/1999 posted in the open forum of www.arabamerican.com

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=26108>