Re:virus: An Ethical Group?

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 17:10:14 MDT

On 14 Aug 2002 at 15:33, Hermit wrote:

> [Joe Dees] Whether he is clinical or simply so enraged that he would
> perpetrate a nuclear terror attack, the result is the same - and
> insane. "Mad" does have two meanings; perhaps he is so much the first
> that it has driven him into the second.
>
> [Hermit] In contravention of the Convention to Prevent Genocide, the
> United States took and is taking deliberate action designed to cause
> and disseminate lethal pathologies in Iraq in the anticipation that
> this would eventually lead to revolution. Instead about 1 million of
> the children of Iraq have died of these diseases.

You sound like we are passing out the smallpox blankets; pure
unadulterated Bullus Shittus of the rankest Hermitian grade.

> [Hermit] The population of Iraq is 25 million or so. That of the US
> 280 million or so. Call it 1 to 10. If somebody spread a disease in
> the US that killed about 10 million children, wouldn't you be pissed?
> Would you want to hurt the originator? Not even just a little?

The originator of the actions that Iraq took, and therefore the cause of
and responsible party for the preemptively defensive sanctions
resultantly imposed, is Saddam Hussein, so yes, I'd love for us to hurt
him - a lethal lot.