Re:virus: Observer on Palestinian vigilanttes

From: Hermit (hidden@lucifer.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 13:20:05 MDT

[Joe Dees 2] It is not problematic. The PA has been decimated as an enforcement vehicle by the Israeli response to its collusion with terror, and its pronouncements are openly and contemptuously flauted by Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

[Hermit] Impeaching your sources again, Joe? Not that I agree with the following, but you can't validly simultaneously proclaim somebody an expert (implying that we should defer to his "expert opinion"?), and simultaneously call him a liar.

Israel May Be Winning
by Daniel Pipes
New York Post
December 17, 2001
http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/36785.htm

The Palestinian Authority (PA), vastly inferior to Israel in the military realm, hopes to make Israel "say ouch" by deploying terrorism against its civilians. Because the PA itself cannot sponsor terror, it delegates this task to Hamas and Islamic Jihad. "[Yasser] Arafat uses Hamas to bleed Israel, to wear it down," correctly observes Ephraim Inbar of Bar-Ilan University

----
This message was posted by Hermit to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=26062>