Re:virus: The aftermath of attack in Gaza

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 20:24:13 MDT

On 11 Aug 2002 at 19:58, Hermit wrote:

> If you can't answer the arguments, try to disparage the sources?
>
> How are the mighty fallen

Neither side has clean hands over there, nor does either seem to
respect the humanity of the other very much; one side just has more
firepower - in fact, so much firepower that if the Israeli government were
attempting to kill Palestinians en masse as much as the terrorists (PA
and otherwise) are attempting to kill as many Israelis as possible, there
would be millions, not thousands, of dead Palestinians. In the face of
the more than 70 suicide bombings that have occurred over the past
couple of years, that fact in itself demonstrates remarkable restraint; the
kind of restraint no sane person would ever accuse the side that sent
those 70+ suicide bombers of possessing.
Since the 'hamas activist' who was assassinated had overseen suicide
bombing operations that had killed well over a hundred Isrealis, I figure
that they probably valued the fourteen civilians he was using to shield
him less than the next hundred of their kids whose deaths he would
have engineered if he had lived.