Re: virus: The Real Issue

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 12:14:05 MDT

On 11 Aug 2002 at 8:22, Jkr438@aol.com wrote:

> Do you remember when he ran for president, Smirk was often reported
> saying "I'm a uniter, not a divider". Well, if you run back thru the
> old clips frame by video frame, you will discover that what he was
> really saying was, "I'm a unilateralist, not a divider". His mushy
> mouth habits - which seem to be a genetic trait in this family -
> explain why this came through so poorly, and reporters apparently
> latched on to the less appalling homonyms. Life is grand when you have
> never really learned how to communicate properly in the first place.
> Now that we have cleared that up, everybody can return to their
> previously scheduled tasks.

He started out that way, true, but the force of catastrophic events has
necessitated his morphing (under the tutelage of his wiser advisers, I'm
sure) into, to some degree, a consensus seeker, a coalition constructer,
a worker with other nations, a case maker, and even that dreaded thing
he once decried; a nation builder. I didn't vote for Dubya, and I wouldn't
now, but I do realize that to a certain degree there has been growth and
maturity in office, if only because that growth was painfully stretched out
of him by the events of September 11th.