Re: virus: Deja vu?

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 16:52:16 MDT

[rhinoceros 1]
This sounds technically correct, but it reminds of similar reports from the time when USSR was there for several years, hence the "deja vu" title.

[Joe Dees 2]
The Soviets remained to opprerss. If we, instead, remain to help, I believe that our reception will be much better than theirs.

[rhinoceros 3]
I can assume that permanent military presence, establishing a friendly government in Kabul accepted by several warlords, and keeping it safe from hostile warlords, Islamists and bandits using military means are considered ok. So, which actions of the Soviets consisted oppression, so that they can be avoided by the USA?

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=26011>