Re: virus: Re:How Joe Misread the Rhinoceros Report

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 10:29:48 MDT

On 9 Aug 2002 at 3:20, Hermit wrote:

> Oh, and Joe, notice who published the report that you have sung paens
> of praise to. Right, B'tselem. Seems that you are slagging the same
> organization as you are praising. Do you see the contradictions
> inherent in your insanity yet?
>
> Hermit

In fact, the Palestinian researcher reports in an interview I posted that
his first Israeli counterpart quit the investigation rather than include
perusals of aspects he found objectionable to consider, and the report
was only finished after a second Israeli scholar replaced him, and the
Palestinian scholar became the main researcher. And the study was
published by B'tselem (after many other organizations refused), but it
was not done under their auspices, but under the auspices of the
Center For Research & Documentation of Palestinian Society. Those
who are interested in the difficulties which Dr. Saleh Abdul Jawad
encountered, from both sides of the conflict, in pursuing and profferring
his work, may access his personal account at:

http://www.birzeit.edu/crdps/inter.html

Of course, as an it is an Israeli-tilting organization, I would expect to
find the same biases in B'tselem as I would expect to find in a
Palestinian organization, just tilted in the opposite direction. Plus many
of my criticisms have been directed at the nonexistent objectivity of your
Palestinian-tilting sources, and of the dubious objectivity of Human
Rights watch.