Re: virus: Dear Hermit: You Constitutionally Can\'t Admit When You Lose

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 00:37:03 MDT

On 8 Aug 2002 at 23:48, Hermit wrote:
'Yes, section six predictably maintains that fewer collaborators are
being killed in the second intifadeh than the first, and then, laudably
adds the following:
"In the tensions of the current conflict almost anyone fitting these
descriptions is at risk of being denounced or killed by unknown
attackers or arrested by security forces, even for activities
committed many years ago during the Israeli occupation." But
apparently this passage refers only to collaborators officially
executed by the Palestinian Authority, forthe report has a separate
section, section nine, for 'vigilante killings of suspected
collaborators", and mentions only thirty, which is, however much
highr than the number attributed to the PLA. This is consistent
with the low number killed during the first year of the previous
intifadeh - a total that skyrocketed in the ensuing years (a point
also made by the extensive report in the archives of the Cebter for
research & Documentation of Palestinian Society), which implies
that if we haven't started seeing more of it already (and I believe
we have), likely a lot more is coming.
Total numbers of suspected Israeli collaborators killed by some
Palestinians or other since the beginning of the first intifadeh still
total around one thousand. My statement concerning six hundred
was low, not high. And I do not think that all the collaborator
deaths have been reported and/or counted, something that seems
to take a while after the facts to do.