Re: virus: The face of genocide - While the world watches

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 20:23:41 MDT

On 7 Aug 2002 at 19:52, Hermit wrote:

> [Joe Dees] Of course, you know that is not what I said. I said that
> the Palestinians, as a group, have done so, and to the tune of half
> their total intifadeh deaths. This does not mean that every crone and
> infant has hung, shot or stoned a collaborator; just that many
> Palestinians have, and the practice is widely accepted within the
> Palestinian community.
>
> [Hermit] No Joe. This is what you said, attempting to defend
> genocide. But the Palestinians kill suspected collaborators all the
> time.

I never attempted to defend, nor would I ever attempt to defend,
genocide. You cannot successfully challenge what I do in fact say, so
you cynically attempt to twist and misquote me so that you can skewer a
straw man that you, not I, built. Quite simply, I am here to tell you that
you can't get away with that with me.

> [Hermit] Having shown your previous assertion fallacious, please
> provide whatever evidence you think you have, showing that
> collaboraters are killed due to a group decision. Bear in mind that
> until they are replaced by more fanatical groups, that the
> Palestinians are represented by the PLA and Mr Arafat - elected by a
> 60% plebiscite - making him a lot more legitimate than Mr Bush will
> ever be. Further please provide evidence that this accounts for "half
> their total intifadeh deaths" or is that another of your "opinions"?

That is the figure generally given by disintersted observers all over
Google. The PLA has indeed tried suspected collaborators and
sentenced them to death and swiftly carried out the sentences; the
various terror groups, such as Hamas and Islamic Jihad, tend to skip
the trial and get right down to the execution. There are many 'groups'
there rather than one, and 'groups within groups', just as there are
circuits within districts in a court system, and various and sundry of
these groups have decided, apparently around 600 times, to kill
suspected collaborators.