Re: virus: U.N. Jenin Report "Flawed" - HumanRightsWatch

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 12:32:29 MDT

On 4 Aug 2002 at 10:58, Mermaid . wrote:

> 1.IDF entered Jenin(which is not Israeli territory).

More suicide bombers had come from Jenin that any other Palestinian
city. This torrent had to be stopped at the source; the factories that
build the explosive belts, and the recruiters of suicide bombers.

> 2.Palestinian civilians were killed.

The incursion was occasioned by the many suicide bombings in which
Israeli civilians were killed.

> 3.Soldiers cannot have an expectation of safety when they wage war.

Neither can there be a guarantee that noncombatants who remain in a
war zone will not be endangered.

> 4.Civilians do.

If Israel's intention was to kill noncombatant Palestinians, they could
have done a much better job of it. I believe that the final Palestinian
count in Jenin was 33 combatants and 19 non.

>5.Israel is the aggressor and oppressor at Jenin.

It did what it felt it had to do to dam the river of suicide bombers issuing
from there.