Re:virus: UN report on Jenin released - israel not guilty

From: rhinoceros (rhinoceros@freemail.gr)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 11:52:33 MDT

[rhinoceros 1]
Is there any historical experience of periods characterized by a negation of the established legal structures, or is this the first time?

[Joe Dees 2]
It happens all the time in different places. Was it legal for France to employ commandoes to sink Greenpeace's Rainbow Warrior in the Pacific so it could not interfere with their nuclear tests? Was it legal for Nigeria to engineer the murder of democratic opposition leader Ken Sara-Wiri? Was it legal for Myanmar's military junta to hold Aung San Suu Kyi, Nobel peace Prize winner, under house arrest for years for the unforgiveable offence of willing a democratic election? And what about what Vaclav Havel underwent before the Velvet Revolution in Czechoslovakia?

[rhinoceros 3]
Am I to assume then that the negation of the established legal structures we have been discussing here should be seen as a usual phenomenon of limited scope with negative moral connotations?

----
This message was posted by rhinoceros to the Virus 2002 board on Church of Virus BBS.
<http://virus.lucifer.com/bbs/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=25915>