Re:virus: UN report on Jenin released - israel not guilty

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 23:53:18 MDT

On 3 Aug 2002 at 22:40, rhinoceros wrote:

> [ben] The sooner Sharon gets retired, the better.
>
> [Joe] You will have, then, to admit the same of Yassar Arafat; the two
> of them seem to be locked in an unbreakable mutual Vucan Death Grip of
> long standing.
>
> [ben] Yes absolutely! I didn't mention it because in my mind that
> part of the solution goes without saying. Anyone who is stil writing
> checks to the families of suicide bombers to encourage the creation of
> same obviously needs to go.
>
> [Joe] Then that includes Saddam Hussein, who pays their families 50
> grand per.
>
> [ben] I may have erred here - on second check, I can't find any
> reports of Arafat doing this. Regardless, he still needs to be
> replaced. Yes, Hussein too.
>
> [rhinoceros] I still think there is something very funny in this part
> of the dialog. Of course, if such statements come from a foreign
> government, an Israeli or a Palestinian or an Iraqi might as well find
> them insulting or worse.

Short version:
If they need to be replaced, they need to be replaced, even if it pisses
off the ignorant and the extremist.
Longer version:
Let them do so. It is tautological, and thus a forteriori true, that
dictatorial, autocratic, and/or totalitarian rulers, and especially those
who, because of their various and sundry character flaws (such as rabid
extreme racial and/or religious hatred, a dismissive disdain for the lives
and freedoms of their country's own citizens, and/or a lust for coercive
global power, influence and control) and the globally unacceptable
actions which flow from these flaws, who need to be replaced, do
indeed need to be replaced, even if it offends some religio-politically
biased or credulously gullible peoples' misplaced sensibilities.