Re:virus: The Middle-East \"crisis\", A Plausable Solution

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 18:37:50 MDT

On 2 Aug 2002 at 17:08, Hermit wrote:

> [Nurgle 1] People like Mr Dees are acting as if the only way to solve
> the problems in the Middle East is with military force. This is wrong,
> and is more likely to create more problems down the line.
>
> [Joe Dees 2] Allowing only one side to kill people means less
> problems, ayy? Maybe for the one side doing the killing (in the name
> of their god). Maybe for those on this list who would prefer to see
> the side they are killing be completely killed off.
>
> [Hermit 3] I don't think he said that Joe. This is your strawman - and
> one with which we are all too familiar. Why not give it a holiday.

You don't give any of yours any time off.

> [Nurgle 1] First of all, what is the problem?
>
> [Nurgle 1] Contrary to what some people would have us belive, it isn't
> Islam, it's abuse of the religion by some very charismaric people,
> such as Bin Laden and Hussein, through the use of extensive propganda
> which makes out the West uses military force to achieve its goals.
>
> [Joe Dees 2] That is a time-honored solution for the religion;
> twenty-two out of twenty-four global conflicts presently happening on
> the globe have, as their participants on one or both sides, Islamic
> regimes. And guess why? Because the religion is a fascist,
> world-conquering one, began by a murderous mercernary.
>
> [Hermit 2] Much the same can be said about Christianity. Have you read
> the "War Scroll"? How about, "Bring all those who would not have me
> reign over them and kill them before me" ["Jesus"] (cited from memory,
> so excuse any errors). Remember, this was used for centuries by the
> Church as a reason for executing "heretics and infidels." Just as
> other passages were used for centuries to justify slavery. Yet how
> many Christians argue today that slavery is justified by the babble
> and should be restored? All classical religious works are so
> contradictory that they are effectively meaningless - this goes for
> the JudeoChristian works as much as for the Islamic. So Nurgle is
> right. While all religions are harmful, the measure of harm is iun how
> it is interpretted, not in what it says.

Interpretation of the Qu'Ran (literally, the Recitation)as any kind of a
metaphor, simily or allegory is an Islamic apostasy. Having allegedly
been transmitted directly from the lips of Allah's angelic messenger to
the ears of Mohammed, it is considered by all nonapostate Muslims as
infallible and literally true.
The christian horrors to which you dearly love to refer, the Crusades
and the Inquisition chief among them, happened hundreds of years ago,
during the Christian Dark Ages, before Christianity, over the course of
centuries, modified under the pressures of the Enlightenment and
modernity. The problem we are faced with is that Islam's Dark Ages are
occurring as we speak, and contemporary weapons are light-years
more massively lethal.

> [Nurgle 1] Guess what? The propaganda is right.
>
> [Hermit 3] Agreed.

You probably also agree with the Blood Libel.

> [Nurgle 1] And how do we attempt to fight this propaganda? By proving
> it correct time and time again. Everytime enough people believe the
> propaganda enough to give up their lives for it, the Western
> "civilisations" send in thousands of troops and bomb the place to
> hell, yet nobody seems concerned with fighting the propaganda.
>
> [Joe Dees 2] The propaganda IS Islam' particularly that part, in the
> Koran, that divides the world into two sectopns, the Dar-Al-Islami
> (world of Islam) and the Dar-Al-Harb (world of War). BY DEFINITION,
> if you're not Islamic, war is to be made on you, until the global
> Ummah.
>
> [Hermit 3] I'd argue that this is your interpretation Mr Dees. There
> are other possibilities. From the Muslim perspective, perhaps the
> description of the non-Islamic world as a "World of War" is accurate.
> But I'm not sure that it means non-stop fighting. Certainly history
> shows that this is not the case.

Should I quote the relevant Quranic verses? It is a myth that Islam has
EVER been peaceful; it has been so bloody that the occasions when it
was marginally less bloody have simply appeared peaceful by contrast.
Go to:
http://www.secularislam.org/articles/facism.htm
and especially read section 5.

> [Nurgle 1] A much mroe reasonible plan of attack would be to destroy
> the propaganda, by sending teachers, doctors and medicine into the
> middle east. The costs of a single cruise missile can pay a teachers
> salary for a year, and I'm sure there are some who would even
> volumteer to go for free. The fuel for a single air-raid would cover
> expenses for an army of doctors.
>
> [Joe Dees 2] We have many such people and programs in place, or
> haven't you heard? The occasional one is kidnapped or killed for the
> greater glory of Allah and to prevent a nasty thing like knowledge
> form corrupting faith, but still they go to teach, provide medical
> care, and distribute food.
>
> [Hermit 3] Why don't you support your assertions Joe?

Check out:
http://www.usaid.gov/about/resources/

> [Nurgle 1] If the US and its allies acted as humintarians instead of
> warmongers, the warmongers in the middle east would have nothing to
> base their propaganda on.
>
> [Nurgle 1] FIght the propganda, not the people.
>
> [Joe Dees 2] We are, by any measure, (money, food, medical materials,
> books, volunteers) far and away the world's greatest humanitarian
> nation. Obviously part of the propaganda that needs to be fought
> resides inside you.
>
> [Hermit 3] Interesting. Another assertion lacking in support?
> Particularly in that it defies all of the reports (including US
> Government reports) I have seen. Let me quote
> http://www.cbpp.org/4-25-00bud-pr.htm [*]When compared to the other 20
> donor nations in terms of the share of national resources devoted to
> development aid for poor countries in 1997-98, the United States
> provided the lowest share by far. The typical country contributed more
> than three times the share of national resources that the United
> States did. [*]In per capita aid donations, the United States was next
> to the last. [*]The United States contributed an amount equal to $29
> per U.S. resident. In the other industrialized countries examined, the
> aid contribution typically was $70 per person. [*]Although Japan's
> economy is less than half the size of the United States economy, Japan
> operates the largest foreign aid program (in dollars provided). [*]The
> United Nations has established a target that donor nations should
> provide in aid to poor countries (Official Development Assistance) of
> 0.7 percent of the donor nation's gross domestic product. Four
> European nations exceeded this goal in 1997-98. The United States,
> however, contributed less than one seventh of the target.

I do not see food or medicine represented here; aid is more than just
throwing money at things; it is engagement in the situations of the
people.

> [Hermit 3] It is worth noting that US aid has halved again from these
> figures (2001) which reflected 0.2% of GDP to 0.1% of GDP this year.

2.5 billion dollars in developmental aid was just approved for
Afghanistan alone. Were our billions to Israel and Egypt counted? And
how about all the subsidies we de facto grant european and asian
countries who, not having to pay for their own defence (since we do it),
are able to direct their money elsewhere?