Re:virus: Ann Coulter\'s Rant/Rave

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 12:14:37 MDT

On 2 Aug 2002 at 3:29, kharin wrote:

> "No, the justifications for deposing the Iraqi regime were clearly
> laid out previously (six separate points, I believe). They have to do
> with the bloodthirsty lust for power evident in the Tikrit-based
> Saddam Hussein clan which rules that nation."
>
> So, the plan is to take out the only substantial secular state in the
> area, and impose a new regime which may later turn into an Islamic
> theocracy? Clearly, the reassurances made by the US that they did not
> regard religion as having anything to do September 11th were all true,
> in which case it looks like you can forget all about any jihad for
> secularisation. In which case, the issue of the legitimacy of
> pre-emptive attacks remains.

We would help the people to elect their own leaders for a change, as
we did in Afghanistan.
There are TWO major threats in the region: a rabidly radical Islamic Al
Quaeda and a fascist Saddam Hussein. It ain't either/or; it's both/and.
Both constitute clear and extremely real threats, if their words and past
actions are to be believed.