Re: virus: Is child molestation a sickness or a crime? - Szasz

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 20:29:20 MDT

On 27 Jul 2002 at 1:29, Dr Sebby wrote:

> ....ok joe, i call foul on you here. you know very well this isnt the
issue
> at hand! you are playing along with that age old game that virians dont
> subscribe to....the one where you take a very
> easy/popular/"im-the-good-guy,-see?" position and then rain down fire of
> righteousness on anyone foolish enough to even consider starting a debate
> remotely related to the current vehicle of would-be-recliner-heros....in
> this case the rape and murder of a 5 yr old.
>
> ...you know very well that walpurgis has no issue with the wrongness of
the
> act; you know VERY well. so why did you try this line of attack out? he
> wasnt defending or supporting the accused...he was merely telling you that
> prison rape should not be something humorous or amusing to us on the
> outside. are you suggesting that we should sentence people to be
forceably
> raped in the ass by untested and unprotected fellow inmates on a regular
> basis? do you know how many innocent people are convicted each year? do
> you know how many people are in prison for ridiculous reasons?...at least
> 1.3 million a year go in for drugs alone! and you think the prison rape
> thing is something to ignore? you are having a serious breakdown in your
> reasoning over this.

Considering the ubiquity of rape in the prison culture, especially rape of
child abusers, who are the lowest on the prison totem pole, to sentence
a child molestor to prison is ipso facto to sentence him to rape, unless
he is kept in solitary. The best we can do if he is released into the
general prison population is to hand him some condoms.

> ...by the way...which would be worse...the 5yr old being raped and
murdered
> or a 10yr old ugly girl? how about an 18 yr old? a 21 yr old? the best
> answer would probably be that an 18 yr old or a 21 yr old would be the
more
> grevious crime, but i'd wager you'll vote for the 5 yr old just based on
how
> many of your heart strings it pulls. this is not a sound platform for you
> to be making assessments from.

The rape of the five year old would most likely be more terrifying and
painful prior to the murder.