RE: virus: Eugene Leitl disses Hermitish markup

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 13:31:24 MDT

[Kalkor]
At the risk of appearing as a Jalara(hehehe mermaid), I'd like to offer my
opinions and observations about this post by Hermit.

First of all, I like it a lot. I suggest it occupy a space in our "Best Of"
section, or at least the FAQ section. Any seconds?

It could also be quite useful as a "Point of Introduction" to people who
respond to my talking about the CoV with "wtf are you talking about? Your
church? Virus? Huh?" or any permutation of the above. I get it a lot. I will
henceforth use bits, pieces, or all of it for this purpose, until the bits I
use get replaced by something better.

I would, however, like to help correct some errors of a grammatical nature
so as to make the final product as precise as possible. If anyone has a
suggestion of a mechanism for doing this, please let me know! The post
appears weirdly in my email due to conversion problems with the BBS software
I think. Also, a couple of my suggestions have to do with embedded links,
and I don't know how to carry those over except by posting ONLY on the BBS
and quoting the entire document with my corrections built in (in which case
they may be missed? or does anyone care as long as the final product is
improved?). Unfortunately I don't have the time ATM to suggest these
corrections, so that will have to happen some other time ;-}

Kalkor

[Hermit]
First allow me introduce you to the Church of Virus.

<snip>