virus: How Virian is the real truth? - Cosmology 0.1

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 12:59:39 MST

[Kenneth Sussman] I am interested in becoming a full fledged Virian because
I have realize that no religion in the world according to me is complete by
the book which it is based on.

[Hermit] Welcome Kenneth.

[Hermit] Read our home page [url]http://virus.lucifer.com[/url] and ascribe
to our aims, strive to embody the virtues and eschew the sins. There, you
have started to become a Virian. That is the easy part. The hard part is to
learn as much as you can as fast as you can, so that you can assist others
in this process. When you are shown to be wrong, don't feel bad about it,
take it as a learning experience. Spend as much time as you can afford
reading our archives at
[url=http://forum.javien.com/messages.php?topicdata=virus&new=trueien
Forum[/url]. The answers to many questions like those you asked have been
provisionally answered there. When you can't find an answer, ask. There are
people here who will attempt to assist you. Your payment for this is
(initially) your attention and your best efforts to learn, later you will
help others in turn.
[hr]
[Kenneth Sussman] But how does the Virian thought say that the World came
about and if you go with the Big Bang theorem where did the atoms come from
that slowly become materials?

[Kenneth Sussman] Basically if atoms are the core of all life where did the
quarks come from that made these atoms?
[hr]
[Hermit] The CoV has no "official position" on the instantiation of the
"world" other than that, because we are rational, most (all?) Virians
support some consensus cosmologic position (with perhaps minor variations)
and that we all consider these positions to be falsifiable.

[Hermit] Almost any personal position is acceptable here, so long as it is
rational and supportable, and if you assert it here, that you are prepared
to defend it. If you cannot defend a position, then you cannot assert it, as
that would not be rational. Currently the only unwelcome positions are
"religious apologetica" and "bad science" as both of these have been
repeatedly shown to be irrational and can take an awful amount of energy
which we would rather expend on other things.

[Hermit] The consensus appears to be that the Universe was instantiated by a
gravitational fluctuation in the quantum flux, which caused the big bang.
Here is what we think we have good evidence for, and when it happened:

[b][u]12 GY to 18GY BP(Before Present): Big Bang[/u][/b]
[list]
0 seconds PBB (Post Big Bang): beginning of space and time.
10^-43 seconds PBB: End of Planck Time, Gravity separates from other forces.
10^-35 seconds PBB: Strong Force separates from other forces.
10^-24 seconds PBB: Inflation begins, Universe increases in size by 10^20 to
10^30 times.
10^-12 seconds PBB: Weak and Electromagnetic Forces separate.
10^-6 seconds PBB: Confinement of Quarks (Quarks could stick together to
form protons and neutrons).
180 seconds (3 minutes) PBB: Primordial Helium produced.
500,000-1,000,000 years PBB: Universe became transparent to photons. These
are the photons we see as the 3-K Microwave Background Radiation.
12 GY to 18GY BP(Before Present): Big Bang
1 billion years BP: Quasars at the center of the first galaxies formed.
7 billion years BP: Our Solar System formed.
7.5 billion years BP (approximately): Our Planet (Earth/Terra) Formed
[/list]

[Hermit] While hydrogen, helium and lithium were produced during the Big
Bang, all the heavier chemical elements result from nuclear reactions in the
interiors of stars. When stars die in a supernova, heavy-element enriched
matter is dispersed into surrounding space and will later be incorporated in
the next generations of stars. All of the material of the Earth, excepting
only hydrogen, helium and lithium, were produced by exploding stars and
deposited in the interstellar cloud from which the Sun and its planets were
later formed.

Regards

Hermit