Re: virus: Memetics Again

From: Loki100l00@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 16:05:31 MST

In a message dated 1/29/2002 3:52:14 AM Central Standard Time,
lhermit@hotmail.com writes:

> that diversification comes about through
> UTism, which normally entails the gradual evolution of memetic isolation
> among populations

Interesting thought. Perhaps this bears some repeating and mulling over.
This to me seemed the most salient and interesting extension/correlation of
biological meme/gene metaphor. To correllate UTism squarely with speciation
in biology. It certainly has a lot of merit, most notably the tendency of
UTism to encourage memetic isolation.

. . . . [Hermit] And wonders, does this garner the approval of you pedants?

[Jake] Only time will tell. But it does sound like some headway in that
direction.

-Jake