Re: virus: consolidated post

From: ben (ben@machinegod.org)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 12:23:31 MST

[Mermaid] Termite offered:
[img=http://www.hinter.com.na/rightersveld3.jpg]Mermaid's
idea of a "Main Road"[/img].

[ben] I don't care who is insulting who, all I see is fun 4x4 terrain...

[ben 0]Strangest spam of the day by far... I did not make this up...
<snip>

[Mermaid]The following is one of the more 'interesting' spam I have
read...hmm...make that weird...
Subj: Business relationaship
<snip>

[ben] That is a variant of the well-known 'nigerian scam'. Identifying
traits are the claim of a relationship to a powerful, recently deposed,
dishonored or executed figure of local authority in a (typically) 3rd world
country, who wishes to get your help in transferring large sums of money
from either their country of residence or refuge to the country of the
recipient. Refer to http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/scams/nigeria.htm
(2002-01-30).

-ben