RE: virus: Pot to become a womans issue - a humerous diversion - we all gotta relax after all

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 04:12:03 MST

RE: virus: Pot to become a womans issue - a humerous diversion - we all
gotta relax after all
Walter Watts [wlwatts@home.com]
Wed 2002/01/30 08:56

Walter Watts wrote

<Snip>
[Quote]
>Please be careful with word usage, folks. This is not the first time
>I've seen the term "cannabinoid receptors" on the list. Using these two
>words together make it sound like there is an ACTUAL cannabis
>chemoreceptor in the central nervous system!!

>Yeah, right! I believe they are located about 2cm ventrally from those
>other well-known chemoreceptors, the ecstasy receptors.
[/Quote]
<Snap>

[Blunderov]
Not guilty! I wrote "cannabinoid receptors", not the compound-noun
"cannabinoid-receptors". I was relying on this together with the context of
the sentence to convey the meaning "Those receptors accustomed to a daily
allowance of cannabinoids can really bitch like hell when deprived".

That there is no such thing as a cannabinoid-receptor (or an
ecstasy-receptor) I concede.

Regards

Blunderov

PS OK you got me. What is "exapt"? A former automatic programming tool?