Re: virus: Living in America

From: Violet Beck (seizansha@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:20:32 MST

[casey said]
>Satan cast out of small town in Florida...
>>http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/01/29/town.satan/index.html
[/quote]

everyone, read that article and read it well. it is a perfect picture of the
sort of thing we have to fight. I mean, i already fear the worst for
America, but regression going so far as to have a person of power trying to
exorcize demons from her town!? This is absurd. Perhaps i'm just not
sympathetic, but i really can't see what possible good this can do the
people other than forcing them to believe in a mythical creature which will
undoubtably only bring them disapointment. if an all-powerful god existed,
why didn't he stop 9/11 in the first place? why didn't he strike down the
clergy who ran the Inquisition? If anything, this woman should at least be
told that satan has too many faces for her to fight, and she should just
stay in her seat and leave her non-religious townspeople without the
headache.