RE: virus: Oldest city found? [Includes Hermit's Prehistoric Time-Line]

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 00:43:53 MST

<snip>

[Blunderov} While it seems that the jury is out on the conclusions to be
drawn from this discovery, it is so interesting that I will quote the whole
article, but please note that there is a very good picture of the layout of
this city at the url.

<snip>

[Hermit] /me gently observes that while the picture is
titled[img=http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1765000/images/_1768109_harappa300.jpg]The
city is believed to predate the Harappan civilization[/img], the picture
itself is of Harrapa in Pakistan, and not of the "underwater" city at all!
Talk about misleading. In my opinion they have yet to determine if what they
have is a "city" or a geological formation. I suggest that as Blunderov
observes, the jury is still well and truly out.

[Hermit] My previous point was that we know that there were ancient
civilizations dated to around 7500 CE to 5000 CE. So even if this "find"
does turn out to be a city (something I would be surprised by), then it is
the scale, rather than its antiquity which would surprise me.

Regards

Hermit