Re: virus: Kirk: Standing my ground

From: joedees@bellsouth.net
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 20:27:37 MST

On 25 Jan 2002 at 19:44, ben wrote:

> That reminds me - Joe brought up the point that god could not be both
> omnipresent and omniscient, because one requires an external frame of
> reference relevant to an object to be properly 'scient' of it. Following
> that line, it is then impossible for us, being within the Universe, to
> properly comprehend same, is it not?

It,s worse than that; we can never know any single object from all
possible perspectives (since we are finite and there are an infinity of
possible perspectives from which to view any object) in all possible
perceptual modalities. Any concrete object is phenomenologically
inexhaustible. All that we can say is, whatever the whole might be, it
must noncontradictorally contain the parts which we have apprehended
as parts or aspects of that whole, for part of the whole story of any
object is that when presented to one of our perceptual apparati from a
particular perspective, our specific perception of it results.