virus: How Christianity - conflicts with the US Constitution.

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 07:40:57 MST

[Hermit 0*] Seeing as it appears that we are to be inflicted with lengthy
op-eds about the evils of Islam on a regular basis, I am now going to begin
a similar program reflecting the evils of Christianity.

[Richard Ridge 0] I'm not sure what the rationale for the above is - as far
as I've noted any individual who has posted comments critical of Islam on
this forum has also posted comments critical of Christianity. I'm not sure
we really want to get into the habit of splitting hairs about which
antediluvian belief system we consider to be least worst, given that we
cannot consider either of them to be 'the best possible conceptual framework
for living and thinking.'

[Hermit 1] I agree. Completely. With all of the above. But if we are going
to pick out one Theist religion that is not particularly relevant to any of
our lives to slam, primarily on its political and social failings, then we
should slam them all. I simply chose one which seemed to have more relevance
to most Virians and which is at least as unpleasant and irrational as Islam.

[Hermit 1] But my point was similar to yours, only mine was the "illustrated
edition". Why bother with any of them. It isn't as if we were concerned
about them winning converts amongst the Virians. And they are all equally
harmful to their societies and equally easy to trash.

Regards

Hermit