RE: virus: Kalkor: the last one.

From: Kalkor (kalkor@kalkor.com)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 15:56:49 MST

I apologize for appearing to want to drag this out. I attempted to make my
intent clear, but I'm not as good with words as you are, Mermaid. For
example:

[Kalkor]Ok you two, knock this shit the fuck off. Both of you. I'm getting
pretty
sick of watching your petty bickering on the list when I could be doing
something useful with my time like masteurbating.

[Mermaid]Suggest something instead of trying to pour petrol over a dying
fire. I will hitch a ride or I will fade away until something interests me.
[Mermaid]It would have rested in peace if you didnt take it upon yourself to
bring it up. Is it my imagination or are you doing this so that you can keep
streching this one out for eternity? I am glad you enjoyed it. Here..wipe
your face with Hermit's toilet paper.

It wasn't an attempt to fuel the flames, it was an attempt to vent my
frustration at having to wade through the flames to get to the good stuff.
It was also an attempt to point out to you how foolish I think you're all
acting (not just you, Mermaid. In fact, you are the least assinine about it
imho. I just latched onto your post because it was the most recent one in my
inbox at the time I got fed up with reading the flames). But again, I
apologize for coming across that way.

However, it does NOT justify the personal attacks you made on me, though I
DID invite them. For example:
[Mermaid]No, genius. (do I detect sarcasm here? of course, she cannot
possibly consider me a genius in reality, and she's right not to)
[Mermaid]..mostly because I dont care if you take my word for it or if
choose
the dark curse of ignorance and misplaced hero worship.(ah, so now I'm a
worshipper of the Hermit? /me begins his daily chants to that effect...)
[Mermaid]I am glad you enjoyed it. Here..wipe
your face with Hermit's toilet paper.(This being a blatant and seemingly
intentional misrepresentation... the unambiguous words I wrote, which can
btw be read above, indicated exactly the opposite of what you just claimed
about me...)

And I AM able to separate the cyber-message world from the real world. In
this way they become not personal attacks, but merely critiques.
Non-constructive ones, but critiques nonetheless.

So, I'm trying not to toss insults back in your direction, because frankly
you deserve none. I would also like to thank you for actually reading my
post; I was getting the impression that you were NOT reading the suggestions
I've been making to the list (there have been several, but scant responses).
I at first thought this might be due to the extremely high volume of flame
messages going through the list, no one had any time to give thought or
energy for any of the new subjects I was attempting to bring up. However, on
further examination, I've come to the conclusion that the real reason for
the lack of response is the lack of response-worthiness of my posts. I'd
appreciate a little more constructive critique rather than the incessant
flames, is what I'm getting at. Can your energy be put to better use? By
which I mean not just you, Mermaid, but all virians. No one likes being told
what they did wrong in a venomous manner. We prefer to be told gently and
kindly what we did wrong, or better yet, told how we can do better!

Kalkor,
Beating at the flames of something with the petrol-soaked broom handle of
something else...