RE: virus: Conclusion and Challenge on "Vedic Mathematics" - Ping Yash

From: Yash (yashk2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 18 2002 - 19:14:43 MST

Just a simple analogy:

Should Hermitic Thoughts Publishing decide to republish the original
material with commentaries by the would-be COV Imperator Hermit, I would rip
your pages of commentary out and focus on the source material because guess
what: it is written in plain english and also read third party commentaries.

Then I could say "Ah, this claim does come from the author", "aha, this one
doesn't".

As it is you have lumped all commentaries and assumptions and
interpretations invluding your own, which you haven't provided evidence for,
together (an obstacle to proper critical thinking as I already posted from
Ruggiero's seminal little textbook, no need to repost).

You ARE biased: even that person acknowledges it as a valid system for fast
mathematics and remembering the operations. However, if we had english
sentences, we'd be much better off since we're not that fluent in Sanskrit
are we?

Yash.