virus: Introspection

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 17 2002 - 17:55:13 MST

Yeah, plus the temptation to apply the tools you learn to yourself - which
is *never* a clever idea. There isn't enough distance and it is a matter of
your brain trying to look at itself. Self-diagnosis is limited in use and
leads to positive feedback and guaranteed instability. I think you are on
the right track at the CoV. There are a *lot* of people that can
validate-you/smack-you and who won't mind doing so. But try not to rely on
on-line communication only - it is far to easy to mask yourself online, even
when you don't intend to* - so you need to cultivate "real-world"
professional and personal relationships with people who are not scared to
tell you what they perceive.

So far, I think you are doing ok, and not indulging overmuch in
navel-gazing. Keep it that way.

Kind Regards

Hermit

*And to easy to imagine that because the people you meet share your
interests that they are "soul-mates." This can lead to devastating
disappointments (and worse).