Re: virus: Re: modes of transmission

From: santyr@mac.com
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 08:15:57 MST

I think that initiation and rites of passage as you mention use a
combination of the 4 modes that joedees presented.

In transmissions such as a hallucinogenic rite of passage the mind set
of the individual is carefully manipulated through the setting in which
the experience takes place. Cultural expectation, costuming, ritual and
spoken word combine to 'program' the initiates experience.

What is transmitted, or revealed, is an archetypal knowledge and a
feeling of inclusion.

Sat