virus: Kalkor: no claims made...

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 14:31:40 MST

[Mermaid 1] These are not 'dubious' or obscure claims made by Yash.

[Hermit 2] They are. As you very well know, seeing as you had to go through
an entire sequence of refutations to get to the one claim I could not
instantly refute from personal knowledge - but on the face of it, stinks as
badly as the rest. In addition, the claim is just that. An assertion that
something exists. It was Yash's - and now your assertion too it seems - you
fucking prove it. A verse reference will be sufficient. Sheesh, is this kind
of a weird hybrid of his stupidity and your obnoxiousness?

[Kalkor] Sounds about right. "I say this is true" "Prove that what you say
is true" "No YOU prove that what I say is true"

[Mermaid]No. That was not the point. Yash makes a claim. Hermit wants proof.
Unless Yash provides the proof or unless Hermit proves Yash wrong, it is
neither false nor true. I dont think anyone is asking Hermit to prove Yash's
claim. The key is in the direct access to the said source. I provided the
key. The book is available. Until it has been read and understood, neither
Yash's claim nor Hermit's bias are valid. btw, I made no claim. Hermit lies
when he says that, "It was Yash's - and now your assertion too it seems -
you fucking prove it."

[Mermaid]I have been trying for sometime now to get people to read or at
least appreciate the advantages of first hand knowledge. I keep dropping
hints in the form of book titles, urls and ways and means to search for
information themselves. I am wondering what it will take for people to start
reading for themselves here instead of aping the loudest in this group.
Unfortunately, Hermit has won. He has succeded in making some of the
denizens of CoV lazy. Too lazy to read. Too lazy to think. Too lazy to do
their own research. Too lazy to come to their own conclusions. This place
has become stagnant and stale to the point where asking someone to refer to
the original text amounts to making some kind of assertion. Shame!

"At the end of the day, those listening to this non-discussion will decide
on the truth of the proposition. As most of them will not perform the
research, they will probably decide based on whether my opinion or yours is
better justified and thus carries more weight." - Hermit, CoV.