RE: virus: hi world - look what I made

From: Blunderov (squooker@mweb.co.za)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 10:36:55 MST

Hello Yash

Thank you for taking my intervention in good part.

Unfortunately I am having a problem with my ISP and my e-mail has been
dissapearing into the void and I don't have your mail in front of me, so I
will attempt to respond from memory.

You asked whether, if you had selected an example from a non-religious
source instead, whether I think you would have attracted a less vociferous
response.

Maybe, but you must remember that many people here have it as one of their
objectives in life to debunk the religious meme wherever they find it
because of the impediment that is to the progress of the human race. It is
understandable that many will react especially skeptically to sources of a
religious nature. Given the history and nature of religions and their
practice, most viriians will strongly suspect that any religious source will
have as it's main agenda the promotion of that religion or it's credibility.

Red rag to a bull though it was, the source was, I believe, criticised on
it's merits by persons eminently well qualified to do so.

You were kind enough to invite me to join your endevour. I am highly
complimeted that you should extend such an invitation to little old me and I
thank you for it.

I'm afraid that I must decline for a number of reasons, the most important
of which is that I wouldn't recognise a quadatic, or any other, equation if
it bit me in the arse.
I have absolutely no maths.

Another reason is, and probably you will think me a blockhead, but I can't
understand how such a language would be useful in a way that the languages
we already have are not. It seems to my, perhaps woefully torpid cerebral
cortex, that given the fact that we acquire more and more data, it is a
dubious strategy to atempt to stuff it all into a series of smaller and
smaller boxes.

You must be wondering why am bothering with this "intervention" at all if I
haven't as yet, actually supported anything you said? Well I hate it when
people have ugly fights. Even in my own personal life I am (mostly)
conciliatory, often overly so.

Also,even though I am a complete newcomer to the CoV, it has already been
very beneficial to me to be exposed to some of the astounding intellects
that inhabit these cyber-cloisters. I can only assume that this would be
true for anyone else too. Genius is often impatient and is not noted for
suffering fools gladly - I too have had some of my more foolish maunderings
treated with scant regard. Rightly.

It would be a great pity if you, or anyone, were to lose out on the mental
stimulation and high quality free education that is available here because
of a squabble that could not be resolved.

Yours Sincerely

Blunderov.