Re: virus: hi world - look what I made

From: Bill Roh (billroh@churchofvirus.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 10:40:13 MST

No worries Orlando. I do understand your viewpoint on it - as I think I have
said before, as time has gone on I have gone from "Kill them - Help us" up to
about 18 or so, then I went the other way - "Pacifism is the true way, violence
only begets violence" til around 28 or 29, then somewhere in between at 30 "Kill
the really bad ones, deal nicely with people with a realistic possibility of
improvement". I think I returned to my more aggressive stance when I began to
realize that people are animals - one in the same. Oh - I always knew we were
intellectually, but knowing and then drawing implications changed that. Humans
are animals - and no matter how we try to raise ourselves above it with our
heady talk of greatness - all we do is redefine animal behaviour. Sometimes
death and killing saves more than it hurts - these are the cases in which I
support violence the old fashioned animal way. When all hope of communication is
lost, then the lowest common denominator is the only choice. Violence is the
lowest common denominator.

BUT ANYWAY

This thread was NOT about any of this or Yash's concern about being taken
seriously - Check out the link that started the thread, or Kirk's link - and you
will find a fascinating story that deals directly with a topic that is fit for
discussion here, or at least should be of interest - the beginnings of human
recordings in Africa 30,000 years earlier than thought.

Now go do your homework - and do it well - make us all proud!

Bill