Re: virus: Osama and Bill Roh

From: BIll Roh (billroh@churchofvirus.com)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 23:41:08 MST

I see several points of your argument that I have to disagree with Orlando. I'll
enumerate them.

1> Orlando: As I hope is illustrated by the point, how do people have the right
to decide who lives or dies?

Bill: I value the creature of society more than I value the individual animal.
In all cases I can think of: An ant colony before an individual ant, the herd
ahead lone buffulo, the village before an person. (don't expect me to be
impartial when it comes to family, but otherwise I can do it - I am human ya
know). There comes a point in cases like this at which any continuance of an
individual becomes and unacceptable factor in the mix of the whole. Mass
murderers, genocidal maniacs and the like are better off gone from society and
history as soon as possible. Don't think that I am suggesting that the
individual is not important, in the context of individuality that is.

2> Orlando: They must NOT be executed because how can the West possibly condemn
Osama if they, when provoked are willing to jump do exactly the same as he.

Bill: Ah, so to you there is no difference between targeting innocent civilians
- by his own admission that civilians are legit targets - and executing admitted
mass murderers. I would have to fundamentally disagree. Is all death bad? Is all
sex, "rape"? Is all killing, "murder"? If you can't say "no" to all of these,
then I think the gap between us is too great on this issue.

3> Orlando: Also, execution would be by no means a harsh punishment for Mr.
BinLaden; if he truly believes in Allah and his teachings, then he must believe
that if killed he will go straight to paradise and welcome a martyr to the
cause.

Bill: Who said anything about punishment? You are looking at Osama as if he were
a child to be corrected. This is not about revenge on Osama, or correction of
Osama. Nothing is about Osama any longer. He has done too much damage to be of
any consideration. I'm not interested in punishing him, I'm interested in the
completion of the memeset in his head by violent means as soon as possible so
that many others will not face death in the near future. His existence at this
stage could probably be measured to cost somewhere around 800 lives a month. Had
Osama not done what he did, thousands here and in Afganistan would be alive. The
sooner he is gone, the sooner people stop dying. Put the gun in your hand now -
Kill Osama now or let him live and kill 27 others around the world.
            And MARTYR!!! Hah!!! - what a great call - I by no means think the
world is gonna end terrorism tomorrow - but with nearly every country in the
world working to stop it - Osama makes the successful and the powerful and the
political in every country back off. He has dealt Islam the biggest blow ever -
history the world over will see him as a evil criminal and fool.

The ONLY ways for him to live are:

1> Surrender - then I could consider a discussion on the punishment subject
2> Evade

Bill