(no subject)

From: C. Eric Boyd (eboyd@lucifer.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 21:19:04 MST

Gecko/20011008
To: virus@lucifer.com
Subject: virus: Soapbox project
Sender: owner-virus@lucifer.com

Casey Maniscalco wrote:

>http://www.fuckedworld.com/
>
>Many of you have probably heard of fuckedcompany.com...this is it's
>equivalent for daily news.
>
>Whatever happened to Eric Boyd and his link of the day? =)
>
>Later on,
>Casey

I'm still subscribed to the virus list, although I haven't actually read
it for a long time. Link-a-Day died a death of silence -- basically I
stopped doing it one day, and never started it back up again.

But I've got a new project planned for this year, a writing project.
 Many people told me that the thing they liked the most about Link-a-Day
was reading my comments; many people never bothered to follow the links
themselves.

So my new project is just me standing on a soap box :-).

The plan right now it that I'll write something each week, on the order
of 500 words, and send it out Sundays. It's likely to be farily
eclectic, depending mostly on what I did/read that week, rather than a
more targetted set of things. I do not intend for it to be personal,
although it could be from time to time. Book reviews may be featured.

I'm hoping that the project sharpens my writing skills back up, as well
as providing motivation to get some of my ideas down. Furthermore, it
should help me with my memory, which is terrible (despite spending lots
of time reading, I am *not* a visual learner -- I have much better
memory of kinestic events than visual ones...)

Start date has not been decided yet, but if anyone is interested, please
reply either here on the list, or personally at eboyd@lucifer.com. If
you want to, you can also subscribe/unsubscribe yourself: