Re: virus: Immense Asteroid Passes Earth

From: Bodie (mclarkc@essex.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 04:59:59 MST

Two quick points about this:
1) This asteroid wasn't big enough to wipe out all humanity, although it
was big. We would get more warning of a bigger rock coming our way (and
who needs france anyway :))
2) With this rock we had about 2 1/2 weeks to do something about it. I
think with a doomsday rock we would have probably double that, easily
enough time to formulate some sort of plan