RE: virus: Pi me!

From: Mermaid . (britannica@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 08:06:03 MST

[Yash]I have, and there sometimes seems to be something regular, but I can't
nail it down: I can't formalise it and say here's a formula to rewrite the
digits. There seems to be some repetitions, but I think you have to
rearrange the digits in space to see them.

Try writing x digits in a line, and the other x digits just underneath, and
try to see if there is any relationship between the digits, etc...

We know that writing the natural numbers in a Square will give you the
Square numbers at the corner. It's the same with a Cube and Cubic numbers.
It's probably the kind of thing that would bring out a pattern if there's
one.

[Mermaid]http://www.lupi.ch/PiSites/Pi-Rekord.html < scroll down. details re
frequency distribution of pi and digital sequences...