virus: Re: virus-digest V8 #5

From: jane citizen (citizenjane@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 04:20:05 MST

Dear Rookie,

There exists within humans capacity for intelligence the phenomena of criticism.  These days a critical comment is oft met with indignation and defensive reaction.  One of the keys to any intelligent debate/discussion/argument is to maintain a firm nose and a big tongue for the cheek when needed.  This way the nose is not put out of joint nor the humour available within these forums lost to fools.  Hermits ability to upset earnest posters stems mostly from their own ability to be upset by disagreement or their inexperience in discussing or debating at all.

I have read and read and read from the age of 3 1/2 the writings of authors, laymen, pollies, academics, devouring books often took precedence over devouring dinner.  I qualify myself to make comment on Hermits ability to write concisely, precisely, intelligently, humourously and very well.  I beg you to rethink your response to Hermits post, especially in regard to your own posts.  If his comments require clarifying, request that.  If his opinion differs to your own after much debate, cop that sweet.  Hermit retains the right to say 'crap' when he wants, I'd be inclined to look further when he says 'crap' and advise you to do the same.  If you 'know' you are right but fail to compell understanding from him, then rethink your argument and its supporting points, make it tight, make it tighter when he argues, or  conclude you are arguing with a fool and leave it at that.

In summary Hermit is one helluvva dude to listen to.  Ask anyone long term virian for testimony.  Ask Hermit things and he will explain in careful and thoughtful fashion what he thinks you want to know.  I am hardly impressed these days by either 'intelligence' or humans yet I maintain Hermit is one worthwhile source of information and discussion.  He is also, like the best of us, one sick puppy at times, able to let loose some ranting and raving, which, even as they strike as inflamed and shocking arrows the piles of steaming dung that pass as intelligent discourse, are right on target.

Yours most sincerely, Jane Citizen.  And Hermit?  You're welcome but perhaps you might remember us lesser creatures and practise some leniency when it is required rather than when you feel like it.  she said sternly.

p.s how to do the tongue in cheek for email purposes?     :^)         Does this do the trick?  Can anyone some up with something better?