virus: Kalkor: some thoughts and a response.

From: L' Ermit (lhermit@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 10:08:32 MST

[Hermit] Heh! I should have known that a male would not get to have the last
word - that the idiots advocating verbal mathematics and revisionist history
would not cease their yammering and that Mermaid did not mean she was
finished when she said that she was.

[Hermit] Anyway. Comments on the PsychoBitch's latest post:

[Mermaid] When I say why I believe its Mneumonic..

[Hermit] It seems self-evident that a mnemonic (unless a "Mneumonic" is
something else neither I nor my dictionary are aware of?) refers to
something already known (or you would not know that it needs to be
remembered). Yet PI to 32 digits was not known at the time that this
supposed "Mneumonic" was invented.

[Mermaid]Hermit, on the other hand, has read 'a bit' of the 'sylabbus' of
MUM.

[Hermit] The PsychoBitch lies. She knows that I would never spell "syllabus"
like that - and is fully aware that I have an extensive background in
history and mathematics. Yet she chose to denigrate and trivialize this
knowledge. She also had her questions as to what of "Vedic Maths" I had read
(and why) answered more than completely and chose to mischaracterize my
reply for her own psychotic reasons.

[Mermaid]As far as Kirk is concerned, he has obviously fallen hook, line and
sinker to Hermit's dishonest debating tactics directed at Yash and more
recently at me.

[Hermit] Perhaps Kirk knows enough to recognize the PsychoBitch's assertions
as bullshit and my responses on the technical issues as completely valid.
But the PsychoBitch can't recognize that possibility.

[Mermaid] As far as I read it, Hermit only really meant that the Vedic
Code lets the person believe what he wants to believe like the Bible Code.
But he mentions it only once.

[Hermit] The PsychoBitch lies again. I have explained ad nauseum why the
assertion that the "Hindu Code" contains PI to 32 digits - is an invalid
post hoc projection. The fact that the PsychoBitch is too belief filled or
reason impaired or unable to read or unable to comprehend why is something
else again - and her inability and passion emphasizes why I assert that this
is a "religious" issue.

[Mermaid] But with his rather skilful manipulation of words he has
gotten Kirk to believe that this is a steganography issue. I do not know if
its Kirk's deficiency or if its Hermit's malice.

[Hermit] Steganography simply means "hidden writings." As PI is not visible,
it is "hidden." Thus, despite the bluster of the PsychoBitch, this flamewar
<em>is</em> about steganography. Unless the PsychoBitch is saying that PI is
not embedded in the Hindu Codes. Which is what I was saying... But I don't
think she is saying that.

[Hermit] Being competent with words is not a crime and contrary to the
PsychoBitch's jealous imputations does not invalidate an argument. And the
argument is simple. PI to 32 digits was not deliberately encoded within the
Sutras because the authors of the Sutras did not know PI to 32 digits. If
the argument is correct, this means that those claiming that it is
deliberately encoded therein are incorrect or lying. As the argument has
been defended, and nothing that the proponents of this idea have presented
has addressed this argument, we can assume that it stands, that they are
aware that it is incorrect, that they are engaging in direct
mischaracterization and can move to the question of motivation for their
lies.

[Mermaid] I am appalled with the way he wields his words..for example:
resorting to ad hominem by calling me a 'champion of
india'..anti-occidental..have I said ANYTHING anti-occidental at all in this
whole discussion?

[Hermit] Is the PsychoBitch saying she does not want her claims to be true?
Having trashed a friendship and posted screeds of irrelevancy, asserting
that the claims are true, in supposed support of this disastrous idea? The
suggestion that this comes from a desire to exaggerate the importance of
ancient Indian works is based on my difficulty imagining any other
motivation which would justify the immense investment which the PsychoBitch
seems to have made in this ridiculous proposition.

[Mermaid] Playing the audience than investing in a open debate.
example: using 'us' instead of 'me', while presenting his pov...

[Hermit] Having written a vast number of reports in my lifetime, where "I"
is depreciated and "we" is preferred, I tend to use this format when
attempting to disassociate emotion from content. Something clearly
incomprehensible to the PsychoBitch.

[Mermaid] But as far as Hermit is concerned, the biggest sin of all was what
he did earlier on in this discussion by dangling the friendship card. He has
employed everything in his arsenal.

[Hermit] Say rather an attempted (even if foolish) last ditch reminder that
what the PsychoBitch was doing was not calculated to make (or keep) friends
and influence people. Her answer told me that winning this argument was
vastly more important to her than friendship - which told me how valuable a
friend she was - and should tell everyone how important the topic is to her.
Or, why she is now referred to as PsychoBitch.

[Mermaid]I have to step back at this point of time and ask myself why and
what am I doing by continuing to give validation to his words. And I have
nothing more to say.

[Hermit] A number of people have wondered what the PsychoBitch was doing.

[Hermit] While the PsychoBitch does indeed have nothing to say, she will
almost certainly say it out loud and with virulence on many more occasions.