RE: virus: Question on Israel

From: Richard Ridge (richard_ridge@tao-group.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 09:55:05 MST

> The theft of the Palestine by the Israelis, aided and abetted by the
> Christian Fundamentalists of the US (and other Christian Fundamentalists
> around the world) was quite "logical" from said Fundamentalists'
> perspective as it is a necessary prequel to the Armageddon which said
fundamentalists
> see as required to make the drug-induced nightmares of
> Revelations occur to restore their gods to life.

I knew I was missing some component of the jigsaw. Having looked at that I
can see why - no amount of thought on my part could possibly have lighted
upon such a bizarre rationale. I had been assuming that Christian
fundamentalism would be antagonistic to the interests of Zionism, given the
tendency of most religious groups to tear pieces out of each other in the
manner more closely befitting ferrets in a sack.

> US) hardly meets the usual modern definition of "democratic."

I should have observed that I was using the term as somewhat violently
postulated by the US journalists*, which was the original reason for this
question, given that I cannot honestly say that I associate the US with
support for democracy (which was the grounds for the comment concerning aid
supplied to countries like Egypt, hardly known for their excellent record on
such matters). For instance, the slightly bizarre piece from the usually
reasonably sane Andrew Sullivan; "Both Israel and India – at either ends of
the Islamic Middle East – must be unequivocally supported in their struggles
against Islamo-fascism. Both are democracies; both allow freedom of
religion; both have enemies who are friendly with the perpetrators of the
WTC massacre." All of which ignored the fact that the US had been
steamrollering aid into Pakistan as a reward for its support, and lifting
the sanctions originally put in place at the coup which terminated democracy
in Pakistan.

* Though Britain also has those who have made an invaluable contribution to
the cause of fruitloopery:
http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php3?table=old&section=current&issue=2001
-12-29&id=1433