virus: Alfabeta!

From: Roly Sookias (rolysookias@talk21.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 07:44:23 MST

    Hey, everyone, I know your all busy making mathlangs and stuff (which I
greatly admire, but fear that I wouldn't be of any help with, although if I
can help, don't hesiate to ask!), but if you can think of any individual,
easily recognisable symbols which could probably be hand written, typed or
engraved (so would need to be able to have an angular form) PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE post them (as ideas I guess) or send them to me (in picture form if
possible) for me to use in my slightly revised alphabet!!! Cheers!

 Oh, and yash, as I said before:

...if such an excellent language... [a mathslang] ...were to be devised it
would have to be done by a large committee and very slowly and logically. I
feel that these qualities are very important as I have seen far to many "one
man jobs" such as Esperanto and Novial which can by no means be said to be
fully logical (!!!) and if a language is to adopted globally then it would
have to be clear that it was the best job that could be done and not just
accepted (like English for example) because it is popular or similar to
popular languages [although I doubt a mathslang would be that similar].

I don't mean this as an attack on your idea, I am simply pointing out a way
that your idea could fail. I am aware that my alphabet is a bit of a
"one-man-job", but I stress that my alphabet is purely an idea or base for a
revision, not the fully revised version (by a long way!).